请按这里

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

World Sight Day | White Cane Day

20091010...... Gurney Plaza -> Pulau Tikus -> Gurney Plaza

This is a special charity event that I ever join before, organized by Penang St. Nicholas Home.
















That is a 2km walk from Gurney Plaza to Pulau Tikus and return, purpose is to create awareness among the public on this special group of people, also to encourage assistance and endeavors on the activities.


















Before the walk, each of us were paired with a visual impaired friend, they hold our arm (will be easy for them to hold us rather than we hold them) and we walked together along the roadside following the queue. I'm paired with Pakcik Nazri who is 58 years old. During the walk, I tried to describe the scenery along the way to pakcik; the lane that we walked by, the roadway situation, the building we passed by, the event happening around, the weather... I try my best to tell him anything that I could tell, pakcik seems like not talking much, but the warmest feeling that I felt is that he thanks me truthfully few times after the walk.

During the ceremony, I overheard a conversation between a guy and a young little girl.
The guy: Hello.
The girl: Hello. What is your name?
The guy: XXXXX. You?
The girl: My name is YYYYY. How old are you?
The guy: xx. How about you?
The girl: I'm xx years old. Can you see well?
The guy: Yes, I can.
The girl: I can't see well. (she tell him with smile on her face)

We should always feel gratitude for what we are having now. Sometimes human just asking for too much (some say they want to succeed in life), but they never thanks for what they are having.


*******I saw a blue sunny sky that day*******

No comments: